Receive up to $40 each year by enrolling in the Residential Peak Reduction Program! This program provides your household the unique opportunity to save money and promote energy reliability for all Appalachian Power customers.
- By participating, you will help reduce stress on the electric grid when demand is at its highest.
- When you enroll, a device is installed near your outside central air conditioning unit.
- During a limited number of peak demand periods, which typically occur on the hottest days of summer, Appalachian Power will activate this device to adjust your air conditioner's compressor to run at 50 percent cycling.
- During cycling events, the fan that circulates air inside your home will continue to run.
- Potential temperature change during your cycling events depends on a variety of factors including the temperature outside and the home's insulation.
For more information, watch the video on this page. Have additional questions? Check out our
check out our Frequently Asked Questions and see if we can help, or call 888-261-4567.