- Get Paid - Receive a $50 incentive check by mail 4–6 weeks after we pick up your appliance
- No Hassle - Schedule a free, convenient pick up of your old appliance by phone or online
- Save Money & Energy - Remove an old refrigerator or freezer and you could save up to $150 a year in energy costs
Schedule Your Pick-Up Now
Or call 1-888-277-0529 to schedule by phone.
Who Can Participate?
- Residential customers of Appalachian Power
- Customers must own the unit(s) being recycled or receive consent from their landlord or tenant
- Refrigerators and freezers must be older than 10 years to qualify, empty, in working condition, and inside measurements must be 10–30 cubic feet
- Residential customers may recycle a maximum of two units per address per year
- ARCA Recycling, Inc., an appliance recycler, will pick up and recycle refrigerators and freezers that are in working condition
- 95% of the unit is recycled and hazardous waste is disposed of in an environmentally safe manner